Sunday, 3 May 2015

Review: Waiting For Godot

Waiting for Godot 
By Samuel Beckett

I don't read many plays but I truely loved this. It is such a short 2 act play I think everyone should give it a go. 

This play as it depicts the characters Vladimir and Estragon waiting for someone called Godot who never arrives. Literally nothing happens in this play and it's simplicity allows it to be open to so many interpretations. Although it seems that Beckett honestly meant it to have no meaning at all it somehow manages to be a very deep and meaningful play. I'd highly recommend reading some essays on the play while you read it (or at least the Wikipedia page) because while is come up with a few ideas of my own reading it was much more enjoyable once I could see all the different interpretations people had come up with.

I am clearly not doing this play justice as it's very hard to explain. At only 100 pages and it being public domain it is definitely worth the read.  

Goodreads link here 

No comments:

Post a Comment