Thursday, 7 May 2015

T5W: Books that Should be TV Shows

These are a few book I think would make great TV shows (not movies). I love what has been done with Game of Thrones and I think that has shown that complex books can be adapted to TV shows and still keep their complexity. 


  1. The Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness - this is apparently going to be a film at some point but it's been in the works so long I don't know what's happening any more with that. I am worried about how the Noise could possibly be visually represented but assuming that could be done I think this would make an amazing TV show and they couldn't really delete a main character. The first book could be a short 6 episodes with the second and third book being longer as needed. I can just picture all the cliff hangers at the end of each season and how suspenseful it would be. 
  2. The Mistborn Series by Brandon Sanderson - this series is so epic and I'd love to see allomancy come to life. I think with each book being so different it could make an amazing set of projects with great action scenes as well as intense political suspense. And with how vivid Brandon Sanderson's imagery is it would be easy to turn the Central Dominance into a setting. 
  3. The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach - this is a very character driven story and I think that a TV show could possibly really bring the characters to life and make an audience really care about them. I am worried however that this would become an overly dramatic college show rather than keep it's really deep and moving plot. 
  4. Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah - this story is based on Adeline's own childhood with her emotionally abusive family. I think this could make an amazingly moving short series and it could be adapted without having to add or subtract anything. 
  5. Our Lizzy by Anna Jacobs - this book would make a great historical drama. With World War 1 just around the corner a series following Lizzy and her siblings could be a really moving and enthralling series despite not being too fast paced. I can picture something similar to Downtown Abbey but without the wealth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment