This was the topic of last weeks Top 5 Wednesday and I did not post anything as I couldn't think of a single book. Now that I have seen other people's lists I thought I would make a post explaining why this confuses me.
I do not understand why anyone would completely write off reading any book. Sure there are some books I have looked at and decided probably are not for me but I would never say never. Even books I have started but could not finish... I may have reason to revisit them. What confuses me most is when people put an author on lists like this. Authors can have so many works and be so versatile that their works cannot just be lumped together. If one book wasn't to your liking it doesn't mean another one won't be. I understand if for some reason someone has a moral objection to an author and does not want to support them but you could still buy their books second hand or borrow them from a library and they would not make a profit from you (although I guess I understand not wanting to even do that for them).
The closest thing I have to books I will never read are a few unfinished series that, after up to 10+ books, I decided were no longer appealing to me. But even in this case I could never say I definitely will not read them.
No comments:
Post a Comment