- The Well of Ascension (Mistborn book 2) by Brandon Sanderson - This was definitely the best read of the year and one of my all time favourites.
- The Final Empire (Mistborn book 1) by Brandon Sanderson - I had to include this too as it was also easily my next favourite and I don't feel like I have read enough so far to be able to clump series together. If I had finished the third book I am sure it would be on here too.
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell - This book is the best contemporary I have read in a long time and it broke my heart.
- We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist - This memoir was so funny and told in a really unique way.
- Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett - this was a very odd play (the style is called absurdist) which somehow blew my mind. I think it helped that it was short and so I could get through it when I was too busy to read properly and also that my friends studied it this year so they talked about it a lot. Anything that leaves me researching essays and interpretations for fun definitely earns a place on this list.
Wednesday, 3 June 2015
T5W: Favourite books of the year so far
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment