Monday, 23 March 2015

Review: These Broken Stars

These Broken Stars
(Starbound book 1)
By Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner


This was a solid four star book for me. It was an incredibly fast read and just what I needed during my busy uni schedule. The story is light while still managing to tug on my emotions. 
This is a science fiction companion series and I am planning to read the sexual but I am sad we will not be following Lilac and Travor. The book is very light sci fi and reads more as a romance/magical realism/contemporary in a lot of ways. 
Told in alternating perspective this book follows Lilac - daughter of the richest man in the galaxy - and Tarver - a solider. When the starship they are aboard crashes and they land on a deserted planet they have to figure out how to survive as well as uncover the planet's mysteries. 
This book was super quick and light but very enjoyable. You definitely don't have to like sci fi to thoroughly enjoy this book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment