Mistborn book 1
By Brandon Sanderson
I loved this book so much and it was an easy 5 stars. I am already about to finish the second one and I have not been able to stop thinking about it.
This is a high fantasy book set in a world where ash falls from the sky and ominous mists fill the streets at night an evil tyrant took control of the world and called himself God. Under the Lord Ruler's rule there is great poverty and injustice for anyone who is not of noble blood and a group of amazing and complex characters get together to overthrown him.
The magic system in this book is so ingenious and I don't understand how someone could have though this up but it makes for such an amazing read. In this world there are metals with special properties and some people are born with the ability to burn these metals and use their powers. The majority of people with this ability are only able to burn one metal but a few are capable of burning them all and they are called Mistborn.
The best thing about this book, in my opinion, are the characters as Brandon Sanderson makes them all so unique and you become so invested in their lives and cause. The world building is also fantasic as it is so complete and complex yet it is explained and introduced with such ease that it is so easy to get into and visualise.
This book is full of plotting and political scheming as well as full of amazing action scenes and it is so fast paced. We follow Vin as she learns to trust people again and it has amazing things to say about friendship, love, trust and belief. I would have to recommend this to absolutely everyone.

No comments:
Post a Comment