Thursday, 16 April 2015

Review: The Well of Ascension

The Well of Ascension
(Mistborn book 2)
By Brandon Sanderson



This book is the second in series so the review will spoil the first book. My review of The Final Empire (book 1) can be found here.
This book was perhaps the easiest 5 stars I have ever given and may be one of the best books I have ever read. 

This book follows Vin, Elend and the crew as they try and hold together their new world a year after the collapse of the final empire; but it looks like killing the Lord Ruler may have upset some balance as now the Mists are coming during the day and creatures that had once been under control are now roaming wild. And, if that wasn't enough, they have armies marching on them and Elend's political ideas may be too idealistic for a time of war and instability. 
This book is packed with amazing metal-powered action scenes and political manoeuvring that made it literally impossible to put down most of the time. As usual Brandon Sanderson captures the world beautifully and the characters are just as complex and loveable as before. There are amazing twists throughout the book and it even brought tears to my eyes more than once. 
I don't know how to explain how much I loved this book besides that I'm not sure if anything with every be able to top it and I am dreading finishing this series. 


No comments:

Post a Comment