This year my aim is mainly to just read as much as I can. Goodreads asks for my goal for the year and I have been really struggling to decide. I don't want to make it too high and fail but at the same time I feel everything realistic is too low. Personally I blame the BookTubers who read 150 books last year for my unrealistic expectations! I also want to try the 100 book challenge as I know that I could have completed that many books in a year back in secondary school with only a little bit of work required. Now with all my uni work I know there is no chance.
In the end I settled for 26 books. Although this feels like very few it is still a book a fortnight. I know I will not always be able to keep on top of that but I'm hoping that I can catch up over my 3 month summer holiday (although hopefully I will be working!). I guess I just haven't gotten used to my new reading limits yet...
My other goal is to read more diversely as I have recently noticed the lack of this both in the authors I read and (more interesting to myself) the cultures explored in the books and their locations.
I also hope to blog regularly and post book reviews here for everything I read. Maybe someone will even read them! So that's basically everything I am aiming for this year (well maybe to pass my modules and get a place on the honours programme but let's just focus on the 26 diverse books okay).
No comments:
Post a Comment