Saturday, 31 January 2015

T5W: Authors I Want To Meet

There are so many authors I'd like to meet and sit down and discuss their books with yet I found it surprisingly easy to name my top five. I'm taking the liberty that this includes any author living or dead. 


  1.  John Green - I am a massive VlogBrothers fan and so I think seeing his personality for so long made him an easy choice for top position. He is the only one in this list who I'd really like to talk with about matters other than their writing.
  2. J K Rowling - Like many of you Harry Potter was a massive part of my childhood and I'd love to be able to sit down and really comb through the characters with their creator. 
  3. J R R Tolkien - As with J K Rowling I'd love the chance to discuss the details of the world he created. Lord of the Rings was also a massive part of my life (admittedly the films more so than the books). 
  4. Patrick Ness - He is one of my favourite authors and from his twitter account it is clear he has a great sense of humour and I know he'd make me laugh. 
  5. Enid Blyton - It surprised me when I thought of this name as I usually don't when thinking of my favourite authors but as soon as I did I knew she had to make this list. Her books were are very large part of my younger years and she's been such an inspiration. If I could trace my love of books back to a single author it would have to be her. My Mum read the Five Findouters and Dog, The Enchanted Forest and so many more of her books to me when I was little and made me fall in love with stories long before I cared to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment