Monday, 19 January 2015

Review: Throne of Glass

Throne of Glass
by Sarah J Maas
(Book 1 in the Throne of Glass series)


This book has received a lot of hype recently and now I understand why. 

Celaena Sardothien was the worlds most feared assassin until she was betrayed and throw into Endovier, a salt mine/death camp. A year later the Crown Prince of Ardalan asks her to compete against other killers to win the title of the King's Assassin. If she wins she will also win her freedom so she eagerly excepts but there may be more dangerous thing than her competition awaiting her at the palace. 

I gave this book four stars on Goodreads but the second half was definitely five star worthy and the last third had my heart racing and I couldn't put it down. I did initially have a problem with Celaena's personality as she did not fit my preconceived idea of a child assassin. I expected a much colder character but once I got used to this more emotionally open bad ass I grew to really like her. The magic and world building was done really well and I cannot wait to continue the series, especially as I have heard it only gets better. My only criticism would be I felt Maas was trying to create a love triangle where none was needed and I definitely wasn't feeling it but this didn't get in the way of my enjoyment of the story however I am cautious to see how it progresses.



No comments:

Post a Comment