The Thinking Ape: Evolutionary Origins of Intelligence by Richard Byrne
I read this for my evolutionary psychology class despite it not being compulsory reading as my lecturer is the author (which is pretty cool). I really enjoyed it and it was really good at explaining our links with the rest of the Great Apes and how we have evolved. It does a great job at explaining what intelligence is and how evolution shapes our actions and it wasn't as philosophical as Dawkins which made is an easier read. I didn't read it page by page as it is more textbook styled so I was able to flip to the sections that related to my essay but I think I have read it all now although there may be a section or two I have managed to miss,
I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is either studying or just generally interested in this topic but it is definitely not a novel.
Goodreads link.

No comments:
Post a Comment