I'm not really sure what to answer for the question because if we are talking literally then most of my books can be repurchased so instead of going with emotional meaning I am picking rare or old books that would be harder to replace. This is pretty difficult though because I'm at university right now so most my books (and all the books that could make this list) are at home so I'm having to go by memory alone.
1. My Classics Collection - this may be cheating as I'm including about 20 classics that are all hard back bound with beautiful gold decoration as well as my complete collection of all Charles Dickens' work. I have no idea how old these are but they were my mum's (and may technically still be so but they've been living in my room for over ten years now) and I imagine they would be extremely expensive to repurchase.
2. Lord of the Rings - my edition of this book contains all three parts and is beautifully bound with tracing paper thin pages. It literally looks like a copy of the Bible until you read the spine and I have never seen this edition anywhere else.
3. My mum's copy of Pride and Prejudice - now this book is included in my classics collection and isn't an especially nice copy but it's my mum's favourite book and it contains all her highlights and notes that she's taken over decades of rereading it.
4. A Streetcar Named Desire - this play is what I studied for Higher English and, like above, this book isn't an expensive or beautiful edition but it's margins are crammed with a years worth of in depth analysis that I could never replicate.
5. The Harry Potter audiobooks - although the first four books we have on tape and so are practically useless I'd still save these masterpieces voiced by Stephen Fry. With them making new audiobooks with a different narrator that makes the version voiced by Stephen Fry very expensive and although I do want to buy my own copy some day (all in CD form) I'd have to save these as my sister and I listened to these every night as we went to bed for years.
No comments:
Post a Comment